Successful companies have the ability to consistently increase their profits over time by growing revenues faster than costs. Conversely, of course, a failing company cost base will almost certainly remain stubbornly consistent in the face of declining revenue. Perhaps though revenue is growing but the cost base is climbing faster than the revenue indicating operational inefficiencies.
Dependent upon the brief we are given an Operational Review can cover both revenue and cost base analysis or focus on specific areas.
With an independent eye, we will look under the bonnet of your business to see whether your revenue generation and cost base strategy, structure, processes, system, people and culture are aligned for maximum productivity.
The Operational Review will also provide an accurate baseline for customising a profit improvement plan for an organisation.
Operational Review Summary:
- Funding review, is it balanced and appropriate? Is it accelerating recovery or decline?
- Cash Flow forecast, is it reliable?
- P&L and Balance Sheet Review
- Manpower utilisation and efficiencies
- Are there Cost base efficiencies which will boost profitability?
- Management Structure, reward and motivation.
- Company vision, mission, values & strategy
- Is there a strategic vision and/or direction that aligns with customer desires?
- Can the organisation “feel” the momentum of the strategy?
- Company/product/service value proposition
- What do the customers say about the company and the value proposition?
- How well are the sales team selling the brand/company/product /themselves
- Baseline Sales Audit, sales tracking and pipeline improvement opportunities